Position: Director of Administration and Finance
About the Organization
The Eden Centers for Hope and Healing, formerly Eden House, is a movement to eradicate the trafficking and selling of human beings. We create systematic change through youth prevention, education, legislative advocacy, recovery, and reentry services for victims and survivors, including emergency and long-term shelter.
Eden Centers for Hope and Healing (Eden Centers) is seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Administration and Finance. We are seeking a candidate who brings relevant skills and interest to the role, maturity and ownership of their work, and is looking for an opportunity to seize a career-enhancing opportunity in a fast-paced, growing organization. The Director of Administration and Finance for Eden Centers reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The successful candidate in this role will oversee the day-to-day operations for Eden Centers, and ensures Eden Centers is performing efficiently and effectively. The position manages purchasing, grant administration, and all contractual commitments for the organization, and provides oversight by guaranteeing the organization reaches the budget goals set by Eden Centers leadership.
The position also makes sure all members of the Eden Centers team have what they need to succeed, including equipment, supplies, recordkeeping, payroll, and a safe and supportive work environment. It is anticipated that the Director of Administration and Finance will require additional support staff, as the agency continues to grow.
- Manage outsourced service providers, contractors, vendors and associated contracts, memorandums of understanding and agreements, consultants and independent contracted professionals; ensuring that an equitable contracting and procurement system is maintained.
- Responsible for grant financial management and administration, and related project management.
- Responsible for processing payroll and for associated human resources administrative tasks.
- Responsible for Eden Centers facility and maintenance schedule.
- Responsible for corporation filings and licensure for the 501c3 nonprofit, and all related governance administration conducted on behalf of the board of directors.
- Responsible for maintaining all filings with local, state, and Federal entities. Responsible for all prompt payment of fees, premiums, loan payments and utilities.
- Responsible for cash flow and petty cash. Make purchases, and responsible for managing the effectiveness and efficiencies of purchasing activities.
- Coordinate annual audit and ensure proper filing of tax returns, including sales tax legal and regulatory compliance in all aspects of the organization.
- Provide support to the Chief Executive Officer, including assistance with the Board, projects, fundraising and special event activities. Support Chief Executive Officer with all the administration and oversight of special projects.
- Provide support to the Chief Executive Officer development and oversight of organization, program, grant, and fundraising budgets and participate in cross functional working groups.
- Assist with development of administrative and financial policies and procedures. Identify and champion opportunities for streamlining and improving operational and financial workflows.
- Serve as an essential staff member during evacuations or other business shutdowns, because of a Hurricane or other state of emergencies declared by the City of New Orleans, including providing support to all staff by coordinating logistics, emergency purchases, and filing with FEMA, state of Louisiana, and local governments.
- Answer phone calls and emails, including general information and group email accounts, and directing them to relevant staff. Responsible for all mail and dispersing to appropriate staff members.
General skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proven operational and financial acumen with at least 5 years’ experience working in the nonprofit sector.
- Experienced problem-solver with an orientation toward outcomes and continuous improvement and learning.
- Strong management skills with an ability to, influence, engage, and coach direct reports and peers.
- Demonstrated project management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to listen well and positively represent the organization and its mission, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity, professionalism, and ethics.
- Proven commitment to equity and cross-cultural competencies.
- Ability to manage many and/or differing tasks and maintain productivity and discern priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with a range of individuals and working styles, and with people at all organization levels including staff, board members, grant and foundation officers, donors, vendors and key stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a high-paced growing nonprofit which requires flexibility and adaptability to an ever changing and demanding work environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Quickbooks, payroll systems, like Paychex, and donor systems, like NEON.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 applications, including Excel.
- Have a satisfactory background check as a condition of hire, and have a satisfactory background check at least three years from anniversary hire date, and every three years thereafter.
Salary And Benefits: The salary hiring range for this position is $55,000 – $60,000 and is commensurate with experience. This position is exempt, and may work evenings and weekends. The employee is eligible for the QESHRA health insurance plan. Thirteen (13) paid holidays, paid time off during winter recess between Christmas and New Year’s Eve, and three weeks paid time off (PTO), a year.
Interested Applicants: Please submit to email@example.com – a cover letter, resume, three (3) references (at least two (2) being employers; no relatives as references) with contact information (telephone and email address). Eden Centers is an equal opportunity employer.