Eden Centers for Hope and Healing is seeking a new CEO!
About the Organization
The Eden Centers for Hope and Healing, formerly Eden House, is a movement to eradicate the
trafficking and selling of human beings. We create systemic change through youth prevention;
education and legislative advocacy; and recovery and reentry services for victims, including
The Eden Centers for Hope and Healing (ECHH) seeks a dynamic, experienced Chief Executive
Officer who can bring a bold vision and new energy to the organization’s strong foundation and
network of community partners. The Eden Centers, a 501c3 nonprofit organization, was
founded in 2011 to provide comprehensive and individualized recovery services to victims of
human trafficking and commercial exploitation through a long-term residential program. Over
the last eleven years, ECHH has expanded its mission-based services to include three facilities
and has established a growing network of community partners. Facilities include two
residential homes serving adult survivors—the only programs of their kind in Greater New
Orleans, as well as an emergency center that offers a safe space and a supportive environment
with stabilization services for survivors to make informed decisions about next steps. Located
on a hospital campus, it is the first emergency trafficking shelter in the country to partner with
a hospital. To systemically address sexual exploitation in our community, we have developed a
prevention program that educates the community, especially at-risk girls, on how to recognize,
resist, and prevent exploitation. We also have a social enterprise that offers job experience,
work skills, and paid employment to our residents.
The Eden Centers for Hope and Healing seeks a Chief Executive Officer with a proven track record
of fundraising and operational leadership who will provide overall management of ECHH,
including its core function of ensuring the quality of therapeutic community/milieu at its facilities,
along with (1) the delivery of necessary services and support to its residents through staff and
community providers; (2) leading fundraising activities; (3) enhancing community
outreach/awareness of the organization and the issues of human trafficking; and, (4) the
expansion of ECHH programs through residence and service expansion, prevention education and
Key responsibilities include:
The four primary skill sets required to carry out the mission of ECHH are fundraising, business
management and operations, relationship building, and facilities management.
The ideal candidate will:
• Lead all fundraising efforts on behalf of ECHH, including coordination and oversight of an
annual event, and other promotional events.
• Write/oversee/coordinate all grant writing and management of existing grants.
• Engage, cultivate, and steward individuals, businesses, foundations and government
agencies for financial and other support.
• Pursue and coordinate additional revenue sources through a variety of funding
mechanisms/opportunities consistent with the mission statement of ECHH.
Business Management and Operations
• Facilitate strategic planning with key board members and staff members to create a
three-year plan for ECHH.
• Oversee accounting and financial functions of the organization.
• Prepare and administer Board-approved annual budget.
• Provide projected costs and expenses to Board Treasurer on a quarterly basis.
• Report to ECHH Board President (Provide timely information and support to the Board
President in preparation for board meetings and provide board members all information
necessary for sound decisions regarding development, mission, annual goals and
objectives, personnel and program operations.)
• Negotiate/Coordinate ECHH contracts and Memorandums of Understanding with
community partners. (ECHH has pro bono legal counsel.)
• Manage prevention education programs and outreach to community partners, religious
and civic organizations, schools, law enforcement and the judiciary.
• Supervise all ECHH staff and set clear goals for program development.
• Oversee all personnel matters including staff organizational structure, hiring and firing,
• Develop and implement policies and procedures.
• Facilitate weekly staff meetings to provide personnel supervision and review monthly
finances as they pertain to program operations and expenses.
• Oversee the facilitation of twice monthly meetings with clinical staff, pro bono medical
director, and service providers.
• Provide individual and group intervention and support as needed to residents and staff.
• Oversee ECHH public relations, including film, television, radio, print media/website and
social media, internet outreach and educational materials.
• Lead development/marketing efforts for ECHH with input and support from the board,
community professionals and supporters.
• Maintain a close working relationship with City of New Orleans, the Greater New Orleans
Human Trafficking Task Force, New Orleans law enforcement and judiciary, State of
Louisiana Representatives, the Governor’s Office, the New Orleans metropolitan
community, and other social service providers.
• Coordinate outreach to community service providers, prisons and law enforcement and
other community groups for referral of ECHH residents for assistance regarding legal,
medical, permanent housing, jobs, etc. and to identify potential residents.
• Manage and perform public speaking engagements on behalf of ECHH.
• Testify regarding human trafficking at state legislature and other government venues as
• Represent ECHH on relevant national, state-wide, and municipal commissions, and
actively participate in relevant conferences.
• Coordinate and conduct tours of ECHH as needed for fundraising and community
outreach and education.
• Oversee maintenance and operations of buildings, grounds, security, and equipment.
• Manage repairs and renovations.
• Work with the Board on capital projects.
Qualified applicants will have a significant number of the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree (MBA or advance degree is preferred).
• Management-level career in business development, marketing, or management.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in oral and written communication and proposal
development and preparation.
• Experience in management of people, programs, processes, budgets and performance.
• Experience in organizing, planning, policy formulation and implementation, and in staff
recruitment and development.
• Demonstrated success in building relationships with diverse external and internal
• Strong marketing, interpersonal, and personal selling skills required for cultivation and
solicitation of gifts and strengthening community relationships.
• Must be energetic, highly motivated, self-directed, and very focused.
• A background in mental health services management is not necessary but would be
Details at a Glance:
• Time Commitment: Full Time Schedule
• Application Deadline:
• Start Date:
• Education: Minimum 4-Year degree, advanced degree preferred
• Experience: Executive level
• Salary Range: $100,000-$120,000. Possibly negotiable commensurate with experience.
• QESHRA health insurance plan
• 3 weeks of vacation, including winter recess week between Christmas and New Years
• 13 paid holidays
• Paid maternity leave
• Access to online therapy services
Interested Applicants: Please email cover letter, resume, three (3) references (at least two (2)
being employers; no relatives as references) with contact information (telephone and email
address). Please submit by February 17, 2023, to email@example.com. ECHH is an equal