Now accepting applications for Eden Emergency Center Clinical Backup Provider!
Eden House is a movement to eradicate the trafficking and selling of human beings. We create systemic change through: youth prevention; education and legislative advocacy; and recovery and reentry services for victims, including long-term shelter. Eden House is expanding our long-term residential recovery services for human trafficking survivors to include an Emergency Center. With this expansion, we are rebranding to “Eden Center for Hope and Healing.” The Eden Emergency Center (EC) is an emergency center based on a low barrier, Housing First model. EC will provide 30 days of overnight housing for female-identifying survivors of trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation. EC will provide Housing First services for both female and male survivors who need longer term housing options. EC services and programs are trauma-informed and healing centered.
EC PRN Clinical Backup Provider will provide coverage as needed to the emergency center. This position is essential to ensuring the safety of both EC guests and staff by providing first level consultation and decision making from a professional clinical perspective. Permanent EC clinical staff will be available as a second level of clinical decision making. EC will hire 1 person for this position who will work only on an as needed basis; therefore, hours will vary and flexible availability is a prerequisite. The clinical backup provider is part of the clinical team and works closely with the clinical staff in implementing clinical components of the emergency center program.
- Provide overnight and weekend clinical consultation and decision making to EC overnight and weekend support staff on a PRN/as needed basis.
- Provide daytime coverage for permanent clinical staff as needed, including one on one counseling, running groups, guest support activities, etc.
- Review case notes from regular EC staff to become familiar with EC guests, their histories, mental/behavioral health status, current issues, and any incident reports.
- Become familiar with EC policies and procedures and implement these in interactions with support staff and guests.
- Respond immediately to calls to advise EC support staff on clinically handling emergency situations, such as violent behavior, suicide ideology, drug overdose, or other difficult incidents that occur in the EC.
- Practice conflict resolution/management and de-escalation techniques; communicate these techniques to the EC support staff.
- Model EC values of trauma-informed and healing centered engagement in interactions with guests.
- Model effective coping techniques and self-help strategies to EC support staff.
- Call permanent clinical staff for advice/backup, as needed, and report any incidents that occur to them.
Hiring Qualifications – One of the following:
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Provisionally Licensed Professional Counselor (PLPC) with experience working with in a clinical or behavioral health setting
MSW working toward an LMSW and/or with 1 year experience working in a clinical or behavioral health setting
Demonstrated interest and knowledge of human trafficking/sex work, trauma, addiction, addiction recovery
Experience with conflict resolution and de-escalation strategies
Knowledge of 12 step programs (AA,NA).
Background check; clean drug screen upon offer of employment
Knowledge and ability to use technology – Microsoft Office, Case Management System
Driver’s license, insurance, and clean driving record
To apply: Send a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com. Also include contact information for 3 References – 1 personal reference; 2 professional references from someone unrelated to the applicant.