Now accepting applications for Eden House Program Administrator!
Eden House is looking for a motivated and compassionate Secretary/Program Administrator whose responsibilities will include Resident and Administrative Support, Community and Donor Engagement, and Intern Coordination and Supervision.
- Physical house management of both Eden House and Garden House, including organization of documents and office and house inventory
- Assist ED in event planning
- Monitor and track program budget and financial outcomes of fundraisers
- Manage relevant administrative duties, such as budgets and paperwork
- Collect data and prepare reports on the program’s activities for ED and Board of Directors (e.g. data for the Annual Report)
- Prepare documents for and take minutes at regular Board Meetings
- Provide feedback and ideas for improving practices within the [non-clinical] program to ensure that proper organizational standards and goals are met
- Assist in staff management through preparing staff meeting materials, fostering clear communication and respect among staff members, and organizing schedules
Community and Donor Engagement
- Prepare 501(c)(3) thank you letters for donations and oversee handwritten Thank You notes of in-kind donations
- Develop reports, brochures, and newsletters to inform and engage community
- Communicate with local partners and volunteers about holiday foods and donations for residents (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Mardi Gras, Easter, etc)
- Work with the community members and organizations to identify possibilities for partnerships and develop programs with them to support residents
Intern Coordination and Supervision
- Engage with local universities to recruit interns, i.e. attend internship fairs and/or contact service learning facilitators
- Help facilitate the application process (advertising, screening, interviewing, etc.)
- Plan intern assignments with ED
- Plan professional development with the guidance of ED
- Serve as primary contact for Eden House undergraduate interns
- Drive residents to and from appointments
- Engage with residents and assist clinical staff in maintaining their calendars
- Practice open communication between residents and staff, fostering awareness of resident issues and concerns
- Ensure communication between the houses
- Be an active presence and participant in Eden House programming
Reports to: Executive Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 2+ years of work experience (could include Americorps or related experience)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to maintain a budget
- Prior training, experience, or demonstrated interest to work with individuals who have experienced severe trauma
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing work environments
- Working knowledge of Office, Quickbooks, donor databases, and Excel
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply: please send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to:
Position will remain open until filled.
For questions, please call 504-407-0943.