Now accepting applications for Eden Centers Development and Community Engagement Coordinator
Position: Development and Community Engagement Coordinator
About the Organization
The Eden Centers for Hope and Healing is a movement to eradicate the trafficking and selling of human beings. We create systemic change through youth prevention, education and legislative advocacy; and recovery and reentry services for victims and survivors, including emergency and long-term shelter.
Eden Centers for Hope and Healing (Eden Centers) is looking for a motivated, dynamic and compassionate Development and Community Engagement Coordinator who is looking to embrace a career-enhancing opportunity in a fast-paced, growing organization. This position plays a significant role in supporting Eden Centers’ donors and key stakeholders in accomplishing their philanthropic goals through a relationship with Eden Centers. This role is key in leading marketing, external communications and outreach. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and working closely with senior staff and key stakeholders, the Development and Community Engagement Coordinator will play an important role in driving Eden Centers towards its ambitious growth ahead.
- Develop and implement a communications strategy for Eden Centers; the strategy will serve as a guide for communicating with our donors and online forum subscribers as well as posting messages on our social media platforms.
- Under the guidance of the CEO and COO, lead the coordination of the annual fundraising event, all campaigns, appeals and stewardship practices.
- Schedule or conduct tours of Eden Centers for loyal donors and prospects.
- Manage communication with donors who have made gifts, in-kind donations, provided sponsorships or general support, including confirmation and follow-ups (e.g., thank you letters). Identify opportunities for non-routine (customized) donor communications by researching donor interests and scheduling interactions between donors and the Board and CEO.
- Coordinate and administer Eden Centers gift acceptance and in-kind donations activities and policies.
- Manage all donor mailing lists, and under the direction of the CEO conduct mass mailings.
- Identify and maintain in-kind donation lists and coordinate requests for in-kind donations through Eden Center’s communication channels and partners to support residents and the ongoing operations, programs, and maintenance and repair, and capital costs of Eden Centers.
- Manage Eden Centers CRM/NEON donor platform, including troubleshooting technical issues and interfacing with CRM/NEON support as needed, coordinating addition of new records, and running contact reports.
- Maintain Eden Centers Style guide, and implement consistently across all communications and fundraising activities, press releases, newsletter, collateral materials, website, and social media platforms.
- Manage subscribers and messaging for Eden Centers online forums, including supporting creative production and distribution of Eden Centers monthly newsletter.
- Incorporate measurement tools, analytics and reporting methods to gauge impact of all social media, web communications and monthly newsletter.
- Development of written and visual content for annual reports, program brochures, website content, social media posts, marketing / collateral materials, etc.
- Contribute to overarching organization, budget, grant / foundation, and fundraising goals by participating in cross-functional working groups.
- Assist the CEO, and senior staff, by preparing meeting materials for Eden Centers internal and external events, celebrations, and meetings, fostering clear communication and respect among staff members
- Provide proofreading support on all communications materials to ensure complete accuracy
- Provide ongoing maintenance of the Eden Centers website
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience), preferred.
- 3 -5 years’ experience working in a professional office setting (communications, fundraising, non-profit, or sales-related field preferred).
- Familiarity with project management best practices.
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with MS Office, nonprofit CRMS (e.g. NEON), project management software, and donor research tools.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Because of the growing, fluid and evolving nature of work at the Eden Centers, Donor Communications Coordinator, may, from time to time, be asked to take on other assignments not covered in this position description (which is itself an evolving document). The Donor Communications Coordinator is expected to demonstrate openness and flexibility when asked to take on these new assignments. Every team member employed by Eden Centers is expected to demonstrate:
- Honesty, integrity, professionalism, politeness, and courteousness
- High energy and a positive attitude
- A dedication to quality and accuracy
- An ability to work well with co-workers, especially in a small office
- An ability to fulfill their job requirements with minimal supervision
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience; salary range starts at $46,000 up to $50,000, and is commensurate with experience. Thirteen (13) paid holidays, paid time off during winter recess between Christmas and New Year’s Eve, and two weeks paid time off (PTO), a year.
Interested Applicants: Please send cover letter, resume, three (3) references (at least two (2) being employers; no relatives as references) with contact information (telephone and email address). Opportunity will remain open until filled. Eden Centers is an equal opportunity employer.